New to group

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Clif1961

New to group

Post by Clif1961 »

Hello all. 54 years old, had this as long as I can remember. It's not just legs for me but my whole body wants to bounce around all night. Have become augmented to just about everything and feel I am going nuts sometimes. Mirapex and Nuerontin has quit working. Requip never worked for me. Any suggestions or new meds out there?

sleepdancer2

Re: New to group

Post by sleepdancer2 »

Hello and welcome. There are several threads on the forum about augmentation. Even when a med is not doing well for us, weaning off can be scary enough to make us keep using it longer than we should. What meds are you currently on and at what doses? Sometimes even meds for other things can contribute to RLS type symptoms. Has your doctor already checked your ferritin level? It is generally recommended these days to get and keep the ferritin level up around 100. Has your magnesium and vitamin D been checked? And some of the B vitamins are important to nerve function too. While none of this is likely to cure your problem, you want to give your body and brain everything it needs to function at your personal best. Are you experiencing augmentation at the present? When I was augmenting my arms and torso were also involved. Once recovered from the augmentation, only my legs were involved. I control my legs with a TENS Unit. Don't know what I would have done if my arms had continued to be involved.
My Augmentation Sleep Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7WA_5c73c

Clif1961

Post by Clif1961 »

Currently on 1mg Mirapex and 600 MG gabapentin. Took 900my of the gabapentin last night any slept great. Waiting for nurse to phone today. On really bad nights my whole body has to move....I'm bouncing off matress with my buttocks and running a race with my legs. The past few weeks I noticed daytime symptoms...I feel for all who suffer from RLS, but am happy to find a place to get support and info from folks who know what I am going through! Thank you all!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am sorry you are suffering like this and symptoms suddenly appearing in the day time is not a good sign..
1mg Mirapex is quite a high dose. Be careful of any suggestions to raise your Mirapex.

Please take heed of Sleepdancer's suggestions regarding vits and ferritin.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

great responses so far. Good luck finding a solution. The key is to stop the augmentation, then try something else. Some people use pharma drugs, some non-pharma drugs, some no drugs at all - such as the TENS unit. The key is to stop the augmentation - and for at least a week and,I think, to be drug free for at least a week, then reassess. You can't know what is really happening until you are no longer augmented and all drugs are out of your system.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.