Glad to find this site

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Joy S

Glad to find this site

Post by Joy S »

Hi. It's always good to find that you're not alone. I too have not seen my doctor regarding these symptoms because I'm sure she'll think I'm wacky, and also because I don't know that there's anything she can tell me other than what I've read here. I'm 43, but have been suffering with this on and off since my 20's. The restlessness is not restricted to my legs, however. I also experience this in my arms, chest (lungs, actually... its uncomfortable to breathe) and groin area. Has anyone else experienced this?

enk

Post by enk »

I feel it in my arms too! I also was afraid my doctor would think I was crazy, but he didn't. Good luck to you, and go to the doctor---please! :D

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I, too, have it in my arms. Trick is to find a doctor that knows that or print out info on from this site or others that lists that it can be in the arms and take it to your doctor.

Sara

Post by Sara »

Joy--

I have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) as well as RLS, and sometimes they flare up at the same times. So I was thinking, I'm not really absolutely sure if some of the sensations I feel in other parts of my body are RLS or GAD-related.

There is a sensation that some anxiety sufferers I know and I get which has a similar "electrical", vibrating, "white noise" quality, but occurs more in the trunk areas. Some of us in a support group I'm in call it "the anxiety buzz". I often get that in my lower trunk/groin/bladder area when I'm in an active anxiety phase. But to be honest, some of the time I think it MIGHT actually be RLS instead. Like right now, as a matter of fact... seems more likely it's RLS because of the time of night, strength of my RLS, current level of anxiety, etc.

Thanks for bringing this up. I tend to assume that a lot of things are "just anxiety" (and the doctors think EVERYTHING wrong with me is anxiety). But sometimes things don't fit that pattern. Not sure why I never really thought that that buzz might be RLS.... it's a similar sensation, that's for sure.

Nice to "meet" you. Take care.
Sara :D