mirapex/rerquip

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
edelman2

mirapex/rerquip

Post by edelman2 »

what is the highest recommended dose of requip/Mirapex and the neupro patch?
Also what symptoms sleep deprived people experience?

Rustsmith

Re: mirapex/rerquip

Post by Rustsmith »

The highest recommended does for the DAs depends upon which expert you ask. The maximum recommended doses for Parkinsons are much higher than those used for RLS. Some doctors are not familiar with this and see the Parkinsons limits when they check their references.

According to "Clinical Management of Restless Legs Syndrome" by Lee, Buchfuhrer, Allen and Henning, the maximums for Requip, Mirapex and Neupro are 1 mg, 0.25 mg, and 3 mg. However, some experts will also recommended slightly higher doses than these and for patients with special circumstances.

As for symptoms of sleep deprivation, it varies from person to person and to the degree of deprivation. Certainly daytime sleepiness, a tendency to unexpectedly fall asleep for short times during the day, a foggy or cloudy mental state, moodiness and depression and other personality changes are things that many of us have experienced. Over time there are also physical changes that occur that are all damaging to some degree or other. Psychosis, paranoia and delusions are among the things that can occur to some when the degree of deprivation goes to extremes.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How strange - I replied to this...but my post isn't here...must have been posting while under the influence!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

A psychiatrist once told me that sleep deprivation can cause symptoms the same as those of every major psychiatric illness, including psychoses. He put that in the report to my GP, who had referred me because she thought I was depressed. I told her, & I told the psychiatrist, that I just needed sleep, and it would be nice if the torture would stop, too.

The psychiatrist, luckily, was well aware of what sleep deprivation can do, and he made sure he let my GP know. Sleep deprivation can change who you are (temporarily); can remove your ability to make decisions, to think analytically, to respond socially, can make you bitchy or mean or mellow - - - as Steve said, it's different for every person and it really depends on the amount of sleep deprivation, and whatever else is going on in your life too.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.