Not Sure I have RLS

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
Sadiegirl

Not Sure I have RLS

Post by Sadiegirl »

Could use some advise from experienced RLS patients. I have had tingling in my feet and ankles for a long time. Recently the tingling has moved up my legs to my knees and slightly beyond. On Monday night of this week I began noticing my muscles twitching or cramping or moving under my skin. As I would relax and try to dose off I would be awakened by the sensation of my body moving. It was not just my legs, but my arms too. I had a very bad night. My anxiety level with way up. My mother -n- law died of ALS and I had it in my mind that is what I am dealing with too. I made an appointment the next day and my internist suggested RLS. He put me on klonopin for the anxiety and he said it would help the leg symptoms. I took it last night and slept like a baby and did not notice any twitching or tingling. Could it be RLS? I do not have the severe jerking I've heard some of you have. I did notice small jerks maybe two. Thanks for listening. Praying it is not ALS or MS.