Avoiding sleep

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
leggo_my_legs

Avoiding sleep

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Just a late night vent...I am so exhausted. And it seems I have been having such trouble putting myself to bed anyway. I dread the feeling of waking up exhausted and in pain. That is such a bad feeling to wake up to. I never know how I'll feel when I wake up and sometimes I feel like I can't take another day of this struggle.

My job involves a lot of driving and it's difficult in this situation, though I do like working in the field.

I know putting off sleep is the worst thing I can do, but there it is. It seems the only way I can get to sleep is put Family Guy on Netflix. :lol: Dumb but it comforts me!

Thinking of you all and hoping you have a restful night.

ViewsAskew

Re: Avoiding sleep

Post by ViewsAskew »

Was tired two hours ago and am still awake...I hear you!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I read until I hopefully eventually fall asleep, usually around 2 or 3 am. However, it seems the longest spell of sleep is approx 2 hours although I can do this several times and get an 'accumulation'. And when I awake each time ... I am really awake. It's open eyes and 'ping'. Having now taken Clonazepam for about 5 months without any fabulous life changing improvement I'm feeling like trying like a slow reduction. Perhaps remind myself what it was like pre Clonazepam.

leggo - it's no fun having to work following a sleepless night !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

leggo_my_legs

Post by leggo_my_legs »

Yeah. I gave in and took the norco. My back rx is running low. I will switch to starting the gaba tonight!