I'm a lifer with this hell and now my oldest son is to.

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
jwomac

I'm a lifer with this hell and now my oldest son is to.

Post by jwomac »

I have lived with RLS my whole life. I didn't know what it really was until about 20 years ago. I'm 46 years old and suffered with this a long time. As I get older, it gets worse. I'm like Toxic as the only doctor I had that helped me is now in prison for sex crimes in his office. But damn, what a good doctor he was. I am now without him for approx. 8 years and still looking for someone that will listen and help. The last thing that helped me was Soma. I've tried everything only to no avail it did nothing for me. A little smoke helps it somewhat but doen't stop it. Sex helps it somewhat (which is fun) but only helps sometimes. Hot baths help somewhat. I finally started researching on the WEB and ran across this site. I'm finally excited to chat with a lot of you for solutions to this hell. This crap is taking it's toll on my marriage for I can't sleelp in the same bed with my wife anymore hardly. I think sometimes I need twin beds in my room like Leave it to beavers parents instead of my KING. I'm looking for solutions Nice to finally be hear. HELP ME:

Sherri

Post by Sherri »

It may be pricey, but worth the investment... have you tried one of those "do not disturb" matresses that keep your wiggling from shaking the other person? I've heard that they can be a god-send!

JonW

Post by JonW »

I bought a top of the line Serta. You can't feel the other person move on the mattress. The only problem is covers and the constant snoring that goes along with it when I finally do get to sleep at night. It's a tough problem to have to cope with.

jumpyowl

Bed

Post by jumpyowl »

King size with independent mattresses might also help. However, some time one has to move out of the range of a well aimed kick. :?

It is my unsupported opinion that sleeping separately in a good marriage should not harm the marriage as it only shows compassion. Of course, it is not an ideal "hollywood" marriage but it is way better than being sleep deprived. :roll:

Or perhaps I am too old. :wink:
Jumpy Owl

Erik M3

Post by Erik M3 »

Wow if you look at my first post, its damn near identical , right down to the getting high and dr getting busted for sex, jeez you dont live in Palm Beach County do yah??
///M The most powerful letter in the alphabet!

sardsy75

One bed or two....that is the question!

Post by sardsy75 »

Since my RLS kicked in with a "BANG" last year I have spent many, many nights on a recliner chair in the lounge, or in the spare room.

However, it wasn't my hubby who threw me out of the marital bed, it was me. He didn't have the heart to tell me if it was ever bothering him, but i'd get an attack of the guilts and throw myself out when i knew i was starting to thrash about a lil' too much.

Earlier this year we decided that enough was enough and went shopping for a solution to the problem. After looking a quite a few options (normal king size, two separate beds, king/queen w/individual mattresses, etc, etc) we settled on a queensize individual pocket spring mattress - the one where you can drop a bowling ball on one side and not affect the other. Since the purchase, we have not spent a night apart, no matter how much i've thrashed!

We didn't buy the top of the line mattress (one salary doesn't quite stretch that far!), however we did realise that a cheap one would not do either; so we sacrificed enough for a high-quality mid-range mattress. Looking back, I have often wondered how we slept on the old one!

BTW, if you do go mattress shopping, don't be embarrassed to get on the beds and thrash about like you would at night. Make sure you're hubby/wife/partner is on the other side. You might feel stupid, but its the only way to find out if the mattress is going to be the right one for you. The salesman we dealt with hardly batted an eyelid when I explained our problem. He gave us some advice on where to start in the showroom, answered all our questions and then let us decide.

Even if you don't sleep, there's nothing like being able to "crash" on a comfortable bed!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Erik M3

Post by Erik M3 »

I have the Tempuric (sic) aka Swedish mattress , the one on TV w/ the wine glass and the guy jumping next to it, it is great but $$ I think I pd about $4K or so, which for a mattress is a lot. LOL I did break my box spring from jumping around so much, how F'ed is that. My wifes box spring is perfect, mine is shattered, to funny in a sad way.
///M The most powerful letter in the alphabet!