Hello from TeriShelly

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
TeriShelly

Re: Hello from TeriShelly

Post by TeriShelly »

I'm going to focus on getting the Ferritin up and I'll talk to my GP about it. For me getting off to sleep usually isn't an issue as once the Pramipexole have kicked in I get very sleepy (although if I mistime the Pramipexole I do pay for it). Tonight I've waited longer before taking the Pramipexole and I've tried to keep busy to stop the early evening symptoms. So far no huge problems - we'll see what it's like when I go to bed.

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Anyone who takes thyroid medication should not take iron without consulting their doctor. Iron interferes with the uptake of thyroid medication. The thyroid meds would have to be adjusted and it could be a difficult balancing act.

SLEEPY ANGEL

Post by SLEEPY ANGEL »

TeriShelly--- I have taken Gabapentin for a half year now and think it is a help... My Neurologist gave me the option to take 100, 200, or 300mg... to try to find which dose seemed best. I went from the 100mg to the 200mg too quickly and was dizzy when I rolled over in bed to get up one morning. So the neurologist said to go easy and let my body adjust to the Gabapentin at 100mg, then after a month or so I could go up to 200. It's good now. Besides that, I'm on Ropinirole, maybe starting some augmentation now, and am going to discuss what to do with my Neurologist on Monday. My regular doctor didn't know a thing about rls, from what I could see! He just said to take warm baths prior to going to bed! SO happy to have found the Foundation and this Discussion Board.

TeriShelly

Post by TeriShelly »

I'm going to ask a Dr about Gabapentin when I next see him. I've also had to go up to 3 Pramipexole tablets. It's the only way I can stop waking up in the night with symptoms. My current Dr disputed Ferritin was important so that wasn't great (I have the book mentioned above and that's very clear Ferritin is important). So I'm going to see a different Dr.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yeah, if I had a dollar for all of us who've had doctors who told us something wasn't important that was....or that a medication didn't work that did...or that RLS can't be painful, can't happen during the day, etc...I'd likely be able to go to some Mediterranean or Caribbean holiday!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

My current Dr disputed Ferritin was important so that wasn't great

Wow; that's a new low - not to know is one thing, but actually to dispute it ...

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

If a GP is presented with our RLS Bible Book and what it says about Ferritin, and disputes what it says about Ferritin.
I wonder can he stand over his 'dispute' , can he explain how he knows that Ferritin is not important (in his opinion).
Oh, how I'd love to ask how he arrives at his opinion.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

TeriShelly wrote:My current Dr disputed Ferritin was important so that wasn't great (I have the book mentioned above and that's very clear Ferritin is important). So I'm going to see a different Dr.
Good
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

SLEEPY ANGEL

Post by SLEEPY ANGEL »

Hi TeriShelly....

Have wondered how things are going now? Did you find another Doctor--- someone good, someone willing to listen to you? Have you now been given Gabapentin to try & what do you think of how your system "likes" it (or NOT)?