New person from Maryland

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
yawny

Re: New person from Maryland

Post by yawny »

SLEEPY ANGEL, if you haven't already found a solution for your constipation...
When I realized I had RLS, I was trying everything before medication and started on magnesium. I didn't realize there were differences in magnesiums and started with magnesium citrate. I'll spare y'all the horrifying experience I had and share the nice part which is that citrate should take care of constipation very well. And it may decrease your RLS symptoms. I'm now safely using magnesium glycinate and it keeps things moving along although at a pace that's less surprising and horrifying.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I can second yawny's experience!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

yawny

Post by yawny »

Ann, LOL...nice to know I'm not alone!

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

As usual, yawny's choice of phrase, at the same time as conveying useful information, has me chuckling aloud.

SLEEPY ANGEL

Post by SLEEPY ANGEL »

Yawny---
Well, I ALSO didn't know that there are several kinds of Magnesium, and I bought Mag. Chloride yesterday (slow release)--- so will see if that makes me see a difference in anything... whether in my constipation OR my RLS..