New Uer - RLS Since Young Age

Whether new to RLS or new to the site, we welcome you and invite you to share your history and experiences with RLS/WED, introduce yourself, and ask questions. Successful treatment starts with a solid understanding of this disease.
stjohnh

Re: New Uer - RLS Since Young Age

Post by stjohnh »

You must get the actual ferritin number. Doctors ordinarily think of a ferritin above 20 as just fine. But for RLS it should be at least 75.

Get vitamin D checked, not vit C.
Blessings,
Holland

badnights

Re: New Uer - RLS Since Young Age

Post by badnights »

ditto Holland's comments. Vitamin D is the one that's important for neuron health.

Vitamin C would still be useful if you end up taking iron, which is best absorbed in the presence of an acid. If you take any of the common forms of iron, take some vitamin C at the same time. If you take the more expensive heme iron, you won't need to do that.

also think about sleepdancer's comments about a potential circulatory problem - it;s worth checking out. A subset of people with RLS/WED have venous insufficiency that seems to cause their WED/RLS, because when it's surgically corrected, the WED goes away.

as for PLMS home remedies, sleepdancer (and sleepdancer2) uses a TENS to control her PLMD (periodic limb movement disorder).
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.