restiffic?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
dlafalce

restiffic?

Post by dlafalce »

Hello , I have been looking into a relatively new product called Restiffic. They are foot wraps that are supposed to help calm symptoms of RLS. Their website shows that they have one success. I was wondering if anyone had tried them and what the results were.

ViewsAskew

Re: restiffic?

Post by ViewsAskew »

At least two people - I think - have posted here about it. Often people come only when they need help or to share and then do not check in regularly, so you may not get a reply from them.

If you use the search box - upper right on your screen - you can search on it and see all the posts that have been made and see what they said.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

dlafalce

Post by dlafalce »

Well, I ordered and received them. going to give them a fair shot and see if they do anything, I will post results.

JimmyLegs44

Post by JimmyLegs44 »

I tried Restiffic. It did not work for me. I was able to return it for a full refund. Hope it works for you.
The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Jimmy - you tried, and now you know. You will no longer wonder --- if ?
And you were able to do so in the knowledge of a full refund.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

dlafalce

Post by dlafalce »

Hello, Just wanted to post an update. I received the Restiffic foot wraps and gave them a try for about a week. Unfortunately they did not work for me either. Going to return them to the company for a refund. On the plus side I did discover that rolling a tennis ball on the bottom of my feet relieves some the feelings for me so I have another coping mechanism.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So sorry it didn't work. But, as you said, anything that helps find another coping strategy is a good thing! And, what a great company that will take it back!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

dlafalce - thank you for coming back to us and reporting. All information is useful.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My doctor gave me a free set. Going to wear them tonight. They seem difficult to put on. They seem ridiculous to me.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope they help, Deb. Free is a good thing!!!

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I took them off after 2 hours. Feet hurt. I don't think they will do anything. Glad I did not pay for them.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Drat.

Managing Your RLS