Choosing a dispensary

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
mudslide

Choosing a dispensary

Post by mudslide »

I'll bet somewhere in the 29-page thread on medical marijuana my question is answered, but to save myself some time: Does anyone have suggestions on how to choose a reputable dispensary where the staff can advise knowledgeably on the best strains and delivery systems to treat RLS? I'm in Oregon, where medical and recreational MJ are legal, so I'm presuming I don't need to get an MMJ card or anything.

Rustsmith

Re: Choosing a dispensary

Post by Rustsmith »

Finding a dispensary is sort of like finding a good doctor. You simply have to visit one to find out if you like them. The staff at each one that I have visited here in Colorado have been knowledgeable and friendly, but I have to admit that I like one of them better than the others. This is due to the individuals at the dispensary since I have visited 3 that are different branches of the same company.

As for the card, the regulations will vary from state to state, but here in Colorado the card allows you to buy more at one time and exempts you from a lot of the taxes. If you decide to grow your own, it also makes it legal to posses more plants. The problem is that it requires you to pay to visit a doctor just to get the card. I had one the past 2 yrs and decided not to renew it this year because the price of the doctor visit exceeded my tax savings. However, my wife is going to renew her card because the tax savings on the CBD tincture that she uses for her MS does justify the price of the visit to the marijuana doctor.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

Oh sigh. How I wish it were simpler. But thanks, Steve. For some reason I am reminded of T.S. Eliot:

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Excellent apposite quote, mudslide. Thanks :wink:

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

My pleasure, legsbestill! And thank *you* for adding "apposite" to my vocabulary.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

I have added ‘hellacious’ to mine courtesy of a post of yours on another thread!

mudslide

Post by mudslide »

:D

NatWest

Post by NatWest »

Hi Mudslide,

I'm not sure where you are in Oregon, a friend forwarded your post to me. I live in Eugene, and can give you some info about my favorite dispensaries here. If you are in another city in Oregon, have you tried going to one of the websites that lists dispensaries in other places? Leafly.com is one, but I think there are others that do the same thing. I haven't yet visited any dispensaries outside of Eugene.

If you are in Eugene, let me know, and I'll send you info on my favorite dispensaries and what I like about them.

Peggy (Natwest)