Methylcobalamin b12 drops

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Stainless

Methylcobalamin b12 drops

Post by Stainless »

My doctor told me to start taking vitamin b12 3 months ago so I started taking those gummy bear cyanocobalamin b12 supplements with no noticeable change. She told me to increase my dosage and I told he I already had. Doctor said maybe we will put you on b12 shots and it might even help your rls. Shots are not appealing to me.

My wife did some research and tells me I need to be taking methylcobalamin b12 drops. So I try 1 ml under my tongue and have the best evening and night in years. I lay there in amazement as I can not remember my legs being so peaceful as I lay in bed.

Of course this is on top of clonazepam and gabapentin I always take. I took it on an empty stomach as directed. It tastes so good I kept it under my tongue until the taste went away, longer than 15 seconds on directions. Maybe just a quirk. Maybe I'll be let down again like Requip. Buy boy that felt good.

ViewsAskew

Re: Methylcobalamin b12 drops

Post by ViewsAskew »

I can imagine how wonderful that feels! YAY!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I took mehtylcobalamin for a long time with no obvious effect. But I was taking a sublingual tablet, not drop, in the morning, not evening. I forget the doseage.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

I've been taking b12 in this form for over a month now. My legs have been calmer in the afternoon and evening than they have been for years. When I lay down to sleep any calming effect is hit or miss though. Once asleep, I'm sleeping through the night, waking up once or twice and quickly getting back asleep.

I'm thinking maybe it is just a tiny piece of the puzzle. Aging and drinking affect b12 absorption. After next week's vacation, I'm going to have a go at limiting the one I have control of and see if my level is up next time I see the doctor. My goal is reducing meds if I can and avoid needles.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

I've been doing this for three months now and I have to agree with badnights there is no effect. Sometimes my legs are terrible and sometimes not so bad. Hard to pin down a benefit when rls is so cyclic. My B12 went from 300 to 1100 pg/mL with normal being 211-946. So methylcobalamin accomplished getting B12 up over gummy bear pills, but not rls relief.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Darn!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

Deleted