Cannibas seems to work for me

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
paul9298

Cannibas seems to work for me

Post by paul9298 »

Am Uk based. Since being dignosed with RLS about 4 years ago Ive really been struggling to get a good night sleep.

Been on various meds from the Dr which have had little effect . Been through the CBD products which also didnt have any effect.

Last 3 months Ive been smoking a few drags of weed before bed and eating a bit of space cake. Ive got to say the improvement has been nothing short of a miracle.

Im getting a much better sleep and its definately having an effect where as nothing else has.

Am keen to hear if anyone else had the same results?

Rustsmith

Re: Cannibas seems to work for me

Post by Rustsmith »

paul, many of us have experienced the same sort of results to MJ that you have. The CBD products often don't do very much but THC might be one of the most effective sedatives available for RLS induced insomnia. Inhaled (or vaped) THC is almost instantly effective but wears off soon whereas the edible versions can take an hour to kick in, but their effect lasts for several hours. The combination can lead to something close to a full night's sleep.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

DaveZ

Post by DaveZ »

For those of you who use Medical Marijuana in the US and don't live a legal recreational marijuana state, are doctors approving medical marijuana for RLS?

QyX

Post by QyX »

DaveZ wrote:For those of you who use Medical Marijuana in the US and don't live a legal recreational marijuana state, are doctors approving medical marijuana for RLS?
That will depend on the state that you are living in. Some states who allow medical marijuana have imposed a lot of red tape and limited it to certain conditions & indications like epilepsy, cancer and multiple sclerosis.

You have to look up the individual regulations of the state you are currently living in.