Spinal stimulation?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Rustsmith

Re: Spinal stimulation?

Post by Rustsmith »

That is wonderful news Deb!! I hope that this continues and that you can get off of the methadone as well without having any other problems.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

What a wonderful result. Here's to many nights of restful sleep.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I can't believe how much sleep I am getting. I am averaging 7.5 hours plus a nap in the afternoon.
When I first started getting RLS, 30 years ago my Daughter told me that she couldn't sleep with me because my legs were always moving. Back then it felt like electricity going down my leg. Also I think I slept through a lot of it but I now know my sleep was being disturbed constantly. I have several family members who state that their husbands say that their legs are always moving, but they sleep through it.
I am finally feeling rested. Instead of getting up every hour or two, now its 4 hours or more. Last night I had a 6 hour segment. Then another 3.5 hours. It feels like I am sleeping deeper. I am starting to feel human again.
I know that the RLS and spasms will happen as I wean off the methadone. I may also experience some insomnia. I always do with weaning. The first night I didn't take an oxy after the surgery I had some insomnia.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Such a wonderful thing to hear.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Makes going to bed at night a pleasure rather than something to be endured. I am so happy for you.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I realized this morning that I am sleeping like I did before I got RLS. Last night I went to bed at 9:15 pm, up once to the bathroom and woke up at 7:20 am. I know I woke up a couple of times to change positions but went right back to sleep. This is so weird. And then I am still getting sleepy during the day and take a nap too. It seems like my body is finally able to relax instead of staying awake to prevent RLS or spasms.
I am grateful to this device in my back. Nevro HF 10. They told me it could work for RLS. The leads are put in the mid back area for any leg problems.
My body is still healing from the implant. At the battery site I still get a burning pain once in awhile. That will go away.
I am also grateful to this discussion board for all of their support.
I see the Doctor Monday and will start weaning off methadone.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Deb this is wonderful! I wonder how many of us it could help.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I don't know. Like everything we try it is a gamble. I just know it's working for me.