healthy eating

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
peanut1

healthy eating

Post by peanut1 »

I was in the bookstore the other day, reading a cook book when I glanced at a book called "medical medium". Of course, I had to find out what this was about. Apparently, he is a medical psychic and has helped a lot of people. I thumbed through the book and started getting hopeful: maybe this severe RLS is just accumulated toxins etc. But then I came to my senses and decided not to purchase the book as chasing cures has never really worked for me. I did decide to order a blender and start juicing celery juice just to keep myself healthy. Bottom line is: I've come a long way.... :shock:

Yankiwi

Re: healthy eating

Post by Yankiwi »

Well done, you saved your money. This guy (Anthony William Coviello) is a total quack.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

peanut1 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:51 am
I was in the bookstore the other day, reading a cook book when I glanced at a book called "medical medium". Of course, I had to find out what this was about. Apparently, he is a medical psychic and has helped a lot of people. I thumbed through the book and started getting hopeful: maybe this severe RLS is just accumulated toxins etc. But then I came to my senses and decided not to purchase the book as chasing cures has never really worked for me. I did decide to order a blender and start juicing celery juice just to keep myself healthy. Bottom line is: I've come a long way.... :shock:

YAY!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Yes, a lot of the things he stated, really didn't add up like apple cider vinegar isn't good for you or doesn't do anything.
At the very least I can enjoy a nice beet or carrot juice with my new blender if the celery juice doesn't give me a little more energy after a sleepless night.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Holy Crap! The celery juice has actually been working. Who would have believed it?

XenMan

Post by XenMan »

peanut1 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:23 pm
Holy Crap! The celery juice has actually been working. Who would have believed it?
Not really a surprise. Magnesium and potassium are well known to help some people. Calcium could also help those with oxalate issues.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Last night was a bad night, but I'm still hopeful it can help a little. I was surprised that it helped as much as it did for a whole week. I think it's important be open but also to keep the expectations in balance, particularly for us long time sufferers where nothing seems to work.
There were things on the low oxalate diet that are a big no for my RLS which is why I have no intention of trying it.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Honestly I don't think it was the magnesium or calcium since I take those regularly and have been for many years. I like the magnesium because it's calming. Licorice root is almost like taking meds for anxiety, but you have to be careful how much you take (or there are highly damaging effects long term) and I think I took too much yesterday due to my headache that won't go away. Chalk it up to the learning process.