CBD Dosage -

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
bwendt

CBD Dosage -

Post by bwendt »

Hi, I just watched the cannabis webinar and am interested in trying CBD oil for my RLS. I have used the THC products and found them to be helpful in falling asleep but most nights I wake up to my usual symptoms. I have tried THC at the 5 and 10mg and even 15mg dosage. But after watching the webinar DR. Bainbridge was leaning toward the cannabis CBD oil providing longer lasting RLS symptoms. Can anyone recommend starting dosage for CBD? I live in Oregon so we have numerous products. Thanks in advance...bill

badnights

Re: CBD Dosage -

Post by badnights »

Hi bill - - not sure what dose you could try but I'm sure someone will suggest something. I haven't had any luck with straight CBD oil at night - it fractures my sleep. I'm having a bit better luck with THC & CBD gummies - I'm using about 7-10 mg THC and 3-4 CBD (I'm biting them in thirds or halves so it's hard to tell exactly). But these are helping me sleep; they are not controlling my WED/RLS symptoms, for which I take other meds. (which wake me up, so that's why I need help sleeping).
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I find a combo is best for me, also. I've done 1:1 CBD/THC (each candy with 5 mg each) and 5:1 (THC and CBN). Both work relatively well for sleep....I also cut them in pieces, as badnights does. But, also have decided that they - in conjunction with other meds, possibly - cause eating issues. I stopped them 3 nights ago - now sleeping badly, but not eating all night long.

I haven't found that they reduce RLS, either...but, as with badnights, my RLS is on the severe side. It might help a bit and I wouldn't likely notice.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

brossman

Post by brossman »

I happened upon a 4:1 Harles-Tsu 500 mg CBD:THC cartridge. It is called Remedi CBD 4:1 by Cresco Labs. I had been getting it at a medical marijuana dispensary, however they are no longer carrying it anywhere around me anywhere. I have one more cartridge left. I am on a combination of oxycodone and oxycontin and still need more sometimes. One or two puffs of this 4:1 takes away my symptoms within a few minutes, three puffs and I am soundly asleep for hours. I know a lot of people prefer a higher dosage of THC over CBD, but this one works for me (THC 15.207%, CBD 54.691%, CBDA 0.924%). I now have to look for a new one as I cannot get this anymore. I am not a marijuana smoker so I am nervous of too high a percentage of THC; I do not want to feel like I'm getting high.
Good luck Bill finding something that works for you.

QyX

Post by QyX »

I am pretty sure the trick is to work out your individual THC - CBD ratio, lately I've been increasing CBD more and more and reducing THC. I feel like, CBD is mostly for sleep quality, a little bit for certain pain related symptoms and to create some sedation.

XWelcome

Post by XWelcome »

I got my first marijuanna from the dispensary. I tried to get a vap unit ,as I read that works the best but the prescription was written incorrectly and I could get the cartridge but not the vaporizer. I will call doctor tomorrow to get that changed. While I was at the dispensary they gave me Indica with a syringe. I took two doses as I was having terrible RLS after tossing and turning I took 3 more doses as that was what he originally recommended. Obviously I wasn't thinking correctly because now I have taken 5 doses. Sunday morning I was so sick. I was in a zoombie trans which lasted until about 6 PM. Sunday night I couldn't stop shaking so I took one dose and I could read and work on the computer but not sleep. I have never used marijuanna before so I don't know what I am doing. How do you know how much to take to stop the RLS. I have augmented on almost everything so I am so hoping marijuanna will help me. From what I have been reading it looks like people use it with CBD Oil so how do you figure the ratio or do they figure it out at the dispensary. The one dose did help the anxiety but am afraid to take more. I only took the one because I was desperate. i also don't know how to inhale. This is harder than I thought. I thought I would just eat a gummy bear. Thanks for listening and would appreciate any suggestions.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My THC/CBD 1:1 is 33 mg per 1 ml. I started with .5 ml and then went to .25 ml. I did that while weaning off of gabapentin.

QyX

Post by QyX »

Just start carefully with low doses and slowly work your way up.

Are you taking any other medication for your RLS? Especially opioids work well together with cannabis. I use opioids to control the baseline movement and pain symptoms and then cannabis to promote sleep and treat the pain symptoms other medications can't touch.

Regarding the general use of cannabis: there are plenty of videos on YouTube how people use vaporiser. Additionally there are also a lot of cannabis related web forums which maybe are better suited to answer your questions. There is also nothing special or complicated behind inhaling. You simply inhalte and that is it. I don't know anyone who ever had to learn how to inhale so I have no idea what your problem could be.

In the end you have to work out what works for you by trial and error but what you want to avoid is THC overdose because it can easily cause anxiety and paranoia. So again: just go slow and slowly work your way up.

badnights

Post by badnights »

XWelcome wrote: i also don't know how to inhale. This is harder than I thought.
I think what you're asking is whether you hold it in your lungs for a bit, and I think the answer is that yes, you do, but you don't have to go crazy, just for a second or two.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.