Homeopathic arsenicum

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Margaret122maryL

Homeopathic arsenicum

Post by Margaret122maryL »

I’m curious about the history and efficacy of Hyland’s Restful Legs. I use it occasionally, hoping for some relief while I wait for Tramadol to kick in. It seems to work for about 20 minutes. Is there a downside to this?

Polar Bear

Re: Homeopathic arsenicum

Post by Polar Bear »

I haven't used this and don't recall seeing it mentioned on here as being useful. Perhaps it is useful for a mild case of RLS.
i did a quick look at it on line and strangely one user said it didn't work for her at first but then discovered that it was because she was using her toothpaste at the same time.
How long does it take before it starts to work, while you wait for the Tramadol to take effect. Just wondering because the Tramadol should start to work after about a half hour.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

At the bottom of Hyland’s Restful Legs website:

Temporarily relives occasional symptoms of:
Agitation or compelling urge to jerk or move legs
Itching, tingling, or crawling sensations in the legs
**This product is not intended to treat restless leg syndrome.

Agitation or compelling urge to jerk or move legs, Itching, tingling, or crawling sensations in the legs sounds like restless legs to me!

On the counter of a small grocery store I shop at was a jar of magnesium cream to be used for many things including restless legs.
Knowing the salesperson, I said it it wouldn't work for restless legs. She said lots of people said it does. I replied that they either had a mild case or did not have rls at all. I should learn to keep my mouth shut when no good can come from a comment.

Margaret122maryL

Post by Margaret122maryL »

It works within 5 minutes…but then doesn’t last more than 20 minutes. Power of suggestion?
My guess is that “Not intended to treat RLS” is an attempt to keep the lawyers away.
The good news—I succumbed to recommendations, including my doctor’s, and took enough Tramadol to equal 200 mg over 24 hours. I slept last night!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am not doubting what you say works for you, in that it works within 5 minutes. It sounds incredible that anything can work so quickly, for the pill/capsule to even get to be dissolved in that time. Your comment 'Power of Suggestion' is not impossible. However, if this works for you that is great. And as they say here.... more power to your elbow.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Margaret122maryL wrote:It works within 5 minutes…but then doesn’t last more than 20 minutes. Power of suggestion?
It's a cream. You have to rub it in. If the rubbing itself is what gives benefit, that would explain the rapid onset and short duration of relief.
Yankiwi wrote:Knowing the salesperson, I said it it wouldn't work for restless legs. She said lots of people said it does. I replied that they either had a mild case or did not have rls at all. I should learn to keep my mouth shut when no good can come from a comment.
Oh lord, how familiar that sounds - I had to chuckle.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.