Can anyone recommend a supplement

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
golfer904

Can anyone recommend a supplement

Post by golfer904 »

with 325 mg of ferrous sulfate and 250 mg of vitamin C. I've searched online and can't find that mix. I find other forms of iron with lower doses of vitamin C. I am newly diagnosed, in March of this year and have been taking OptiFerin-C from Pure Encapsulations. My ferritin at diagnosis was 33 and most recent test was 59, but I didn't stop taking the supplement two days in advance of test which I now know is necessary. I'm still not sure what form of iron needs to be taken, etc. Thanks.

Rustsmith

Re: Can anyone recommend a supplement

Post by Rustsmith »

The simple approach that most of us take is to take it as two pills, one as ferrous sulfate and the second as vitamin C. Both are fairly inexpensive, so taking it in two pills is not that much of a problem.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

golfer904

Re: Can anyone recommend a supplement

Post by golfer904 »

Seems easy enough, thanks.