REST AND RECHARGE SUPPLEMENT FOR RLS

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
JVR

REST AND RECHARGE SUPPLEMENT FOR RLS

Post by JVR »

The description ( received through email) of natural supplement " REST AND RECHARGE " by UPWELLNESS -NUTRIENT RICH LIVING makes interesting reading enticing the readers to buy AND claims sound sleep for RLS patients.Has anybody experienced this product? 30 capsules for Usd 47 !!

Yankiwi

Re: REST AND RECHARGE SUPPLEMENT FOR RLS

Post by Yankiwi »

I'm always suspicious of too good to be true remedies. I wouldn't waste my money.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I agree with Yankiwi. Possibly, maybe, just perhaps, for a time there could be a placebo effect but I wouldn't bother.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Placebo effect wouldn't work for me—I'm too much of a skeptic!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Placebo doesn't work for me either but I understand that It does for some.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

My wife put a bar of Ivory Soap under my pillow LOL. For those who don't remember it was an early cure for RLS. Bless her heart.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I must admit that in the early days I also put a bar of soap in my bed at my feet. Do you think it worked? Of course not.
Betty

Yankiwi

Post by Yankiwi »

Even though I was 100% sure the bar of soap trick wouldn't work I tried it too. Ha ha.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Desperation makes us try anything no matter how weird or silly.
Happily I am now in a better place than in those the early days thanks to our Discussion Board.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:19 pm
Desperation makes us try anything no matter how weird or silly.
Happily I am now in a better place than in those the early days thanks to our Discussion Board.
So true.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mwheeden5747

Post by mwheeden5747 »

I looked the ingredients up on those and they have Melatonin and Ashwaghadra which I believe are both know to cause RLS symptoms

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Many years ago before I was in the better position I now find myself, my GP insisted that I try a course of Melatonin before he would prescribe any other sleeping aid. Even though I explained that Melatonin was believed to have a negative effect on RLS. I therefore tried the 13 week course of Melatonin - without benefit to my sleep. Of course none of the sleep aid medications prescribed thereafter were of any benefit either.
Just to note, I don't recall the Melatonin having a bad effect on RLS symptoms.
Betty