want help without medication, any suggestions?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ctravel12

want help without medication, any suggestions?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Judy H and welcome. I am glad to hear that the leg machine works for you. One thing we have to all remember is what works for one may not work for another, but thank you for sharing that with us. You never know with this info, you may be able to help someone.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Have a good day
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

brandy

Post by brandy »

Just wanted remind folks who are looking for help without meds to check out the RLS Rebel (rlsrebel.com) for ideas. Good luck to all.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

JudyH

Post by JudyH »

Buy a leg message machine for $100. Use it every night. Works great. No side effects.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

somebody take my keyboard away, it's a good thing ann locked that post, maybe she should just delete it entirely, because it's just gonna tick me off if i stumble across it again, and i am sure a lot of the rest of us.

don't mean to offend ann by going around your lock, but if i didn't say something i would explode

my apoligies
dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Well, Dee, I'll make you a deal :wink: You let it alone, Judy lets it alone, and I'll leave this unlocked :lol: It's sort of like kindergarten - we all gotta play nice together!

Thanks for tempering your response here, Dee. I mean that. That gives me hope :P . And, truly, I do understand how hard it was for you (and everyone else).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

hey i have to behave now that i am a group leader! :shock: i have to be more as you said "tempered" with my responses. lol geeez randy should even be proud of me and at least give me a pat on the head :D

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Duster40

Home Medic Massager for 2 min before sleeping.

Post by Duster40 »

This works GREAT and I have been doing this for year years. It's all I need. If I have been drinking too much caffine, I get RLS the NEXT night. All you have to do is get a home medic massager (The kind with two heads) and place it just above Each knee cap for about 2-5 min. Works great every time. No Drugs Ever. PASS THE WORD. And happy dreams.

P.S. If you get a DC/AC adapter, you can use it in your car.

Sorry it took me two years to post this. Better late then never.

John

DrWass2

Post by DrWass2 »

Try the stocking or pantyhose solution... NO meeds...seems to work for a lot of people

DrWass2

expecting reply from liz

Post by DrWass2 »

Liz
you asked for non med help....you have recieved a lot of replies.....I think we deserve a reply as to what you have tried and what may have worked.

I specifically would like to know if you tired the stocking/pantyhose treatment. Its very simple to do, is totally non medicinal, and usually gets good results from those that have really tried it. Please give it a shot and report back here with your results....

sunrainwatershine

Have your ferritin levels checked

Post by sunrainwatershine »

And then ask your doctor about iron supplements. There's lots of information on this site about ferritin.