New drink called Ozia-instant relief for my rls-all natural

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ginarobin

New drink called Ozia-instant relief for my rls-all natural

Post by ginarobin »

Since my first post apparently sounded like a sales pitch, I will try again. Ozia is a new drink that is made from certified kava root (no leaves or stems), chamomile and lemon balm--it is always important to do your own research. All natural does not mean all safe for everyone. I first tried Ozia one night after two hours of tossing and turning--I usually get rls after a day of travel or no exercise. Since Ozia is not labeled for rls relief, I did not think of it right away, but was desperate for sleep (my toddler keeps me up enough at night as it is). I drank about a quarter of the bottle, laid back down and within minutes, my rls no longer bothered me and I fell asleep. The first thing you notice a earthy sweet tea taste and then your mouth goes slightly numb. It is strange at first, but you get used to it. The difference with this drink is there is enough kava in it to make it really work. Most other drinks are watered down. Like I said before, I am not selling it, but I do believe in it--my mom swears by it too. I was excited to spread the word in case it can help someone else. I have realized people are skeptical so when I post the website, it is only to provide a place to get more info on it as I am not an expert. www.drinkozia.com Best of luck to you all.
Last edited by ginarobin on Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Gina, are you selling this product?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I spent a good deal of my own money experimenting with Kava based products, and some other "natural" products and none of them did anything to put a dent in my RLS, so I am rather skeptical.

Either way.. If this worked for you then we support you and are glad it helps.. But if you're just advertising / selling that's really frowned upon here and you should at least come with some scientific studies to back up such a claim..

Again, if you're not and just spreading the word about something you tried, then kudos.
Last edited by Neco on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Gina replied to me privately to say she was not selling it but that it worked for her mom and herself.

I am thrilled it worked for them; I wish I hadn't seen about a hundred of these emails (different products, but really happy people), however. Because inevitably, a bunch of people are going to get their hope up and it's only going to help a small number - not everyone who tries it. I guess I should be happy that the small number is helped....but I feel badly for the rest of us who so wanted this to be a cure, when it's not.

What I really want is some independent agency to test non-pharmaceuticals so we have something to go buy regarding stuff like this....when pigs fly, huh?

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

The "all natural" industry would not want such studies done, or I think they would have done them already.. Since they are selling natural substances, and they are sold as supplements, then the FDA can't really do much or shut them down for anything but a contamination incident leading to bad products, etc..

If there were ever studies done for all these supplements making claims about stuff they wouldn't be able to sell half the stuff on the market because the studies would likely reflect poorly on them and attribute success to either placebo, or a small minority that can't be explained.

But that's just my opinion anyway.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It cuts the other way, too, though. Big pharma does NOT want them studied in case they do work - you can't patent them or make money off of them. You'd never get your money back if you did study them.

So, we all lose. Consumers that is...the companies on either side can use this to their collective advantage.

Managing Your RLS

mackjergens

Post by mackjergens »

I could not find a web site that tells exactly all ingredients in this product. As we all know saying all natural is not always a postive. As there are natural products that can cause problems. I personally would not try this product withou throughly checking it out.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Do a google search for drinkozia gina and you'll find that there are three hits for someone shilling for the site.

There are two blogspot pages with ozia in the page name, pretending to be a regular person who manages to blog only about ozia and how it helps RLS.

Oh, and she, too, talks about red wine, so it's the same person.

There's even a gina in the drinkozia.com testimonials, telling the same story... except she lives in Colorado this time.

I call BS.

Shill.

Face it, folks... someone comes in, recommends a product in their very first post, and offers a link to a website that sells it. It's a shill. It's always a shill.

Shill, shill, shill.

Snake oil, too, I'm sure.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

ginarobin

Ozia

Post by ginarobin »

I completely agree that you should thouroghly check out a product before you take it. I checked out Ozia for myself personally and gave it a try for my rls. It worked for me and I only wanted to give an alternative for others because I may just work for them too. I understand being skeptical, but I am not forcing anyone to try this. The fact that it listed all natural ingredients -- kava root, chamomile, and lemon balm which I recognized as ingredients used for relaxation, I thought I would give it a try. I am not selling it. I thought this website wanted people to discuss what works and what doesn't for them. The best way to get more info on it is the website as I am not an expert and people can decide for themselves. I am excited about it so I did do a blog on it and I won't apologize for that.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Hey, if it worked for you, great, but you look like every other shill who's been through our forums, and every one of those shills has cost our community a lot of money for little or no gain.

Yes, this forum is for those of us in the RLS community to support each other. However, one way of supporting fellow RLS sufferers is to try to make them aware of ways in which they can be misled into unwisely spending the money they have to fight their RLS, every damned day, to earn.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hi Gina

Welcome to the Boards, sorry that you're here because of RLS.

However, I'm glad that you and your mom have found something that works.

I wish I was at your end of the RLS "bell curve".

Take care!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!