Potassium and RLS

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
kay3914

Potassium and RLS

Post by kay3914 »

I could have sworn I saw a post here recommending potassium supplements for RLS but now I can't find it.

Has anyone used potassium? Did it help?

Thanks,

Kay

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Kay - best thing to do is do a search. Are you familiar with the search function? It can be a bit overwhelming to use depending on what you are searching for, but I imagine search on potassium would be relatively straight forward.

The research to date has shown that no supplements help RLS in a clinical setting. BUT - many people find that for some reason, taking a particular thing or eating certain food helps them.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Betty/WV

re: potassium

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi: You have to be very careful using potassium supplements. In fact, I don't think I would unless under a doctors care. Too much is bad for you. And you would have to know your potassium levels and how much to take. Just a word of caution. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand