Magnilife Restless Legs Tablets

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Maria

Magnilife Restless Legs Tablets

Post by Maria »

Has anyone tried this homeopathic remedy - available from RiteAid?
I'll list the ingredients below:

Active Ingredients: Gnaphalium Polycephalum - for cramps and pains in calves and feet when in bed; Viscum Album - for inability to keep legs still and thigh pains that are worse in bed; Aconitum Napellus - for tingling and prickling sensations and relaxation of the limbs; Ledum Palustre - for pains in feet and legs; Magnesia Phosphorica - for pains and cramps of the nerves and muscles; and Rhus Toxicodendron - for muscle twitches, crawling sensations, and pains that are worse at night and make you unable to rest in any position. Inactive Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate.

What is your experience?
Thanks,
Maria

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I haven't tried this specific one, but generally speaking, only a few of us tend to get relief from these things. Most often, the majority of us do not. Even if it helped me, it might not help you. The only way to know is to try it.

I've yet to try an over the counter remedy that helped my RLS.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sunrainwatershine

Homeopathic

Post by sunrainwatershine »

What I found is that when my ferritin was 9, nothing helped. Now that it's 76, the over the counter homeopathic, calc-mag and continuing to supplement w/iron has enabled me to cut my Mirapex by 2/3's. I expect to be off it this week.

Maria

Post by Maria »

:?: How did you get your ferritin to that astonishing level?
Good for you!! (and did you do it without de bilitating constipation :?:

KrisDKell

Post by KrisDKell »

*****Maria,

I'm new here (haven't done my official introduction yet), but I suffer from IBS with constipation already as it is, even prior to taking iron supplements. Even with all of that iron, I haven't had any worse constipation than usual.....nothing that a couple of Colace (generic) stool softener hasn't been able to cure. (I have had to take stool softeners pretty regularly since my daughter was born.....5 years ago).

Maria

Post by Maria »

Yes, that usually does the trick -- I reckon I just didn't mention that I am taking methadone, too. That and iron form an amazing partnership for binding.