Hawthorn Berry

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
bekull

Hawthorn Berry

Post by bekull »

Not sure if this is a new topic or not. Reading Dr. Gott this morning and someone talked about using hawthorn berry for RLS (although it didn't sound as if the writer actually had RLS).

Does anybody know anything about hawthorn berry? Have you used it successfully over time, where to get it, is it tablet, liquid or a natural, how much, combined with what, when to take it????????

I'm over 50, had RLS my whole life, now have it 24/7, take oxycodone which controls it fairly well, but would LOVE to be able to it control with diet and supplements.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The top Google search result says that it's main benefit is as an antioxidant and can be a natural remedy or supplement for cardiovascular diseases.

I found a few links where it was used for RLS, but they sounded very much like a snake-oil, wonder drug scams, complete with personal experiences where the patient is completely cured or in remission from the first dose (and only $7 !!!!).

And yes you can get it in capsule or liquid form.

bekull

Hawthorn Berry

Post by bekull »

Thanks for the reply Wayne...what I'm really looking for is someone who has experience with it. So many people here who have "been there done that".