Horse Chestnut

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
tomkay

Horse Chestnut

Post by tomkay »

Does anyone have any experience with this supplement? I know that it is used to improve leg circulation. Just wondered.

I'm taking cayenne tablets and garlic and they're working wonders but just not for my jumpy legs.

Any thoughts?
Kicking my legs in bed like a beached and disorientated snorkeler.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have seen the chestnut advertised for circulation but don't know of anyone with any experience of using it. Sorry.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am not sure how it would help, tomkay. RLS isn't related to circulation, so even if it helped circulation, I doubt it would help RLS.

But, if you try it and it helps, let us know. You never know...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.