Just eat it...

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
CUBANGELO

Just eat it...

Post by CUBANGELO »

I'm a regular guy....57 yo..educated...suffering with this terrible condition for to many years...I was hopeless...then I found medical marijuana...I don't smoke...I eat a medicated candy before going to bed...a friend of mine with cancer recomended...I've been without getting out my bed..NOT EVEN ONCE..during the night for 6 month...I am very lucky to live in California where medical marijuana is legal....take action, you deserve it....peace....and Good Night... :)
Eduardo.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Awesome maybe you know what I've been trying to find out: is it a sativa or an indica strain you using? And even better, you have an edible form - who makes it?

I have tried smoking a few times, and it worked a number of times and then 3 times in a row it made the RLS worse so I stopped. I found out later that one of the varieties I used was sativa-dominant and the other was an indica, but I promptly forgot which was which.

I want to try it again, only not smoking, so I was about to begin the dual process of finding out which strain to use and finding a supplier of an edible form who actually paid attention to which strain went into the edible product. Maybe you can help?

badnights

Post by badnights »

OK - I know now it's Sativa strains that work for RLS; and to avoid Indicas at all costs. (see my thread sativa vs indica). I'd still like to know more about your "medicated candy".

HSJ1

Re: Just eat it...

Post by HSJ1 »

I have tried eating it in brownies. I prefer smoking it for it acts within minutes. And when WED pain hits me i want it gone now!

badnights

Re: Just eat it...

Post by badnights »

Yup, eating didn't't work for me. Too hard to adjust the dose, maybe. I'm not sure the exact problem.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.