Depression with RLS -- Incense?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
kickyknees

Depression with RLS -- Incense?

Post by kickyknees »

Hi all, I've been away for about a month. Having no RLS to complain about since my new neuro put me back on Tramadol (taking max 50mg 6x/da) and still holding my own with no augmentation on Ropinirole 4.5mg/da.

I know how cure-alls can be suspicious and I'm not promoting this by any means, but I know many of you also suffer from depression (which thankfully I don't), so thought I'd at least provide this link and see if anyone either knows about or has been helped (or not!) by incense.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 110415.htm

Beware Nerve Blocks! Given at rotator cuff surgery brought on WED/RLS. Since then have had TJR in each shoulder and one knee under General Anesthetic.
1mg ropinirole 4x/day
7.5mg hydrocodone 4x/day

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

That's certainly interesting. I generally avoid being near smoke of any kind because it bothers my asthma, so I'm not going to try burning frankincense for depression, though.
Susan