Sulphur as remedy for RSL?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Eternityroad

Sulphur as remedy for RSL?

Post by Eternityroad »

Someone I am acquainted with has suggested the homeopathic remedy of sulphur to cure RLS. Before I even investigate further I would like to know if anyone has experience trying it or know of any results. I suppose if it were a cure-all for the dis-ease there would not be many persons left to contribute to this site, but maybel it is worth looking into. Anybody heard of it?

Ken

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I've never heard of that one. And there is no "cure" for RLS, only treatments.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I haven't heard of it either. Did they say how it was supposed to work?

As you said, Ken, if something existed, we'd all be somewhere else! But, we're still here :x
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Never heard that one mentioned before.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Eternityroad

Post by Eternityroad »

I appreciate your responses. I like to check out all leads. Right now i am controlling my RLS with a low dosage of Lortab and occasional tabs of ropinerole. I don't have any problems unless I forget to take the lortab. Then I pop a couple and wait a half an hour and I can return to sleep. I am satisfied with this way of controlling the problem. The lortab doses aren't enough to cause a problem with addiction, at least as far as I can see and I have been doing this for nearly two years. The doc has no problem with prescribing them because my pattern of dosing shows no increase nor potential to ab-use.