Dehydration or electorlites out of balance?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
SmartKat

Dehydration or electorlites out of balance?

Post by SmartKat »

I had a bad stomach bug and was sick for days, And just as I was starting to feel normal again, I had the worst case of RLS I ever had in my life!!! It wasn't the creepy crawly feeling. It was actual PAIN, even hurting some in the daytime!

So I drank a bunch of gatorade and pedialite and that night, I only had a light case, light enough I could ignore it. Then the next night I had none!

That made me suspect my electrolites were out of balance and once in balance, the flair up stopped.

Anyone else have this?

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Being dehydrated is never good, and I'm guessing it can affect anything and everything. I'm glad that the electrolytes helped with your RLS.
Susan