Cherry Pie Filling

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
spokaneshelties

Cherry Pie Filling

Post by spokaneshelties »

I know this may sound nuts but it works for me and it works virtually instantaneously. My husband read it in a newspaper column by Dr. Gott. One of his patients told him about this so he mentioned it. Hubby mentioned it to me, I mentioned it to my neurologist (who totally cracked up), and here I am per his referral. We use Comstock No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling, although I suppose almost any would work. When having an episode, I eat 12-15 cherries (with the sauce, of course, since that's my favorite part). It stops the symptoms immediately and for the rest of the night. This truly isn't a joke. It would be interesting to hear how many, if any, others try this and get some relief. Pat K.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thankyou Pat.
If rls is a problem then anything that works is welcome.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation