RLS I resolved mine...

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ktatum01

RLS I resolved mine...

Post by ktatum01 »

I'm here like thousands of others looking for that one hopeful remedy, therapy, or medication that will help you get your life back. For me I have been suffering with RLS for over 25 years and just like most, I too have lost many nights of rest. It seems half of my life I was living in fear, dreading the bed and thinking when will my spasms begin, or will tonight be my lucky night to get some quality rest. With RLS you never know. After years of suffering and possibility having a zero end to this...I wanted to help myself. Now I’m a pretty cautious person and health is a major factor for me. I take great care about what I put into my body, and for me the RLS medications were not my answer. So I went out to begin my own private research; I wanted to learn more about RLS so that I can understand how RLS could be triggered. I started my research on blood flow, nerves and the framework surrounding fast and slow twitch muscles. Upon my discovery I began learning simple techniques that seemed to change my life. Now turning my kitchen into a laboratory...I began researching new therapeutic remedies. Almost by mistake and actually it was by mistake, I mixed a few natural known compounds together. The effects were incredible...and from there I knew it was important to dig further into these elements. After time I was able to balance out the formulas in a unique way that created a natural treatment therapy, and went on a personal 30-day trial. Then I went onto phase II for another type of maintenance program, and after completing 90-days of therapy I was 100% free and I was able to get my RLS under control. For the first time ever, I was sleeping wonderfully at night and not worrying if I was going to wake up or have troubles going to sleep. Today I have been RLS free for over 6 months...every now and then I do get a spasm, but I take my remedy...and wait for the wonderful relief. I know there will be much more research to follow, and I will take time for this. I hope each of us find the place where we can share solutions or perhaps one day share a new treatment that will enhance the quality of life for individuals with RLS. As further research and analysis are concluded I will post new information…till then, cheers!

-ktatum

Please email me at kevin.tatum@yahoo.com if you are interested to discuss your RLS.
Last edited by ktatum01 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:30 am, edited 8 times in total.

Chipmunk

Re: RLS I resolved mine...perhaps it will work for you.

Post by Chipmunk »

According to http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyramine#section_2 tyramine can increase dopamine levels, and I swear the Somalife amino acids I take each morning have helped with the WED, so this actually isn't too far-fetched. I have been on the amino acids for a year now and whenever I forget them (or try a different brand/combination to save money) I really notice the difference, so it's not a three-day fluke thing.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mesmerize

Post by mesmerize »

Hi there,
Does this really work? I've had restless leg for decades, and recently it has been horrendous. Can't get REM sleep until early morning, so that means that most of the night is wasted. Ambien used to help somewhat but now it does nothing. I have never heard of Beta-Alanine or Arginine. Have tried the Parkinson meds and refuse to take them. They are worse than the disease, if that is possible.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Pete

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.
I read your other post and this one. I also have very bad cramps, but mine always come exclusively when my wed symptoms are really bad. For me the worse it gets the worse the cramps get. I then get into super healthy mode---take calcium, magnesium, and b-12 (am low of these sometimes)--as well I make sure to drink larger amounts of water and watch that I am eating as healthy as i can. When this is going on I also take more meds for the rls (not the dopaminec ones--I don't do well at all on those either) and when I get some more control of the symptoms my cramps go away. (takes about a week for the pain to subside for me--from the repeated cramping) :roll: Anyway mostly i don't know what has helped the most I'm just glad when it settles. Do make sure you are getting enough water.
Forgot the point here--I haven't heard anyone else that has tried that idea from above. Hope you get some relief soon.

ktatum01

RLS I resolved mine...

Post by ktatum01 »

Last edited by ktatum01 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

suttmes69

Post by suttmes69 »

I would love to find something that works for my RLs. I am willing to try this. Do you know if these pills can be taken with Azilect, which is a MAO inhibitor?

thanks

mesmerize

Post by mesmerize »

Hi Ktatum01,
How did you come up with these two amino acids? What made you think it would work? I'm very curious about this and willing to try it.

Thanks for your tip.

ktatum01

RLS I resolved mine...

Post by ktatum01 »

Last edited by ktatum01 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

rthom

Post by rthom »

well put, thanks for sharing it! :mrgreen: :thumbup: :clap:

ktatum01

RLS I resolved mine...

Post by ktatum01 »

Last edited by ktatum01 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

ktatum01

RLS I resolved mine...

Post by ktatum01 »

Last edited by ktatum01 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

To ktatumD1: You should email Dr. B. (Buchfuhrer) Dr. B is Medical Director,SomnoMedix Sleep Disorders Clinic, Lakewood,CA, he was, I'm not sure if he still is on the RLS/WED Foundation Board. And if there are experts on RLS/WED, he is one. He knows more about RLS/WED and what works and what doesn't, he has seen it all. You should tell him what you have come across with your cure. I would be interested in his response.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

ktatum01

RLS I resolved mine...

Post by ktatum01 »

Last edited by ktatum01 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

His email address is www.somno@verizon.net, His name is Dr. Mark Buchfuhrer. This may be of help. A book you may be interested in is , "Clinical Management of Restless Legs Syndrome". Dr. B. is one of the authors along with 2 other doctors who have done much research in the field. He has also written "Restless Legs Syndrome, Coping with your Sleepless Nights." You can find them on Amazon.com.
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Angierob

Post by Angierob »

Hi all

Does anyone know if the above supplements are available in the UK? Have had a quick rummage on the internet but can't find the answer ...

Angie