Has anyone tried Tyrosine / cooler nights

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
stever

Has anyone tried Tyrosine / cooler nights

Post by stever »

Hi, I have tried to find out results of the tyrosine trial, only reply is that the trial is closed. Does anyone know of the results or tried Tyrosine.
Also have noticed a reduction in rls on colder nights ie winter, thinking of major cooling next summer if still have reduced rls this winter.

Polar Bear

Re: Has anyone tried Tyrosine / cooler nights

Post by Polar Bear »

I know that tyrosine is one of the amino acids and there have been a few posts with regards to the benefits of amino acids.
As with just about everything to do with this disease - what helps some does not help others.
If you do a search for amino acids you may come up with a few threads on the subject, however it can be quite laborious to go through each one individually.

I also prefer the cool, and before my symptoms were helped with medications one of my methods was to use a bucket of really icy water, legs in it up to the knees and stay there as long as possible, perhaps a half hour. This sometimes gave enough relief to get to sleep - in the days when sleep was easier to find.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

stever - if you have a jmoment, please search on it. A guy used to post here a lot. His wife used it successfully. and he posted a lot of info on how, when, doses, etc. I tried it and thought that I was able to slightly reduce me meds - but mine is very severe, so I wouldn't expect it to work completely.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

veldon7

Post by veldon7 »

Hi: I tried Tyrosine for a couple months, I didn't notice any change in the RLS, but I'm sure you have to take it for a long time.

Roger411

Post by Roger411 »

Ive been taking one tyrosine/a day, first trhing in the am. I took 3 caps, one day, and didnt sleep that nite,but once a day is no problem. I cant say its helped yet, but Ill keep taking it, and let you know if it helps.

ktaberski

Post by ktaberski »

I have just started trying a combination of L-Tyrosine, 5-HTP and Mars/Venus Super Minerals for Women that has lithium as one of the ingredients. I'm taking these three in combination at about 5:00 at night. Then I take my usual dose of ropinerole about 8:00. The ropinerole alone was not working every night and I didn't want to take more because it made me so drowsy. This combination is working great. I'm not sure which of the supplements is doing the trick or whether it's the combination.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi ktaberski
How long has it been working? Have you tried the tyrosine alone?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.