anxiety and WED

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Polar Bear

Re: anxiety and WED

Post by Polar Bear »

Any stress tends to make WED/RLS symptoms worse, and PTSD is pretty severe.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

peanut1

Re: anxiety and WED

Post by peanut1 »

I couldn't agree with you more! I'm amazed how calm I am since the sleep has started getting bad again, particularly last night with 0 hours :( However, I don't want to jump to conclusions because I think my condition could have improved overall, but that doesn't mean it has been cured, nor does it mean there isn't setbacks. I also think SOME of the setback could be because of hormone changes that happened a few weeks ago and possibly because of upcoming holidays that could trigger flashbacks. But then again it could all be attributed to this damn disease that doesn't make any sense. However, with everything I've done I know it's improved some over the years. Maybe not as much as I want, but getting it more manageable is definately a worthwhile goal to pursue. next week I may be screaming obscenities at this thing, but right now that is how I feel. So tonight, I'm going back to my old dose of sleeping pills to try and get some reprieve!