Has anyone tried Floradix for iron?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Chipmunk

Has anyone tried Floradix for iron?

Post by Chipmunk »

Has anyone tried Floradix or other liquid iron supplement? I really need to start back on an iron supplement but can't deal with the intestinal side effects, and Floradix (http://www.floradix.net/) claims it is easily absorbed and non-constipating, but in my experience those two things are usually inversely related :wink: so I'm a bit skeptical.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Re: Has anyone tried Floradix for iron?

Post by ViewsAskew »

I used a competitor to it. My friend used Floradix when she was anemic. She had severe fibroids and her iron was so low her gyne almost didn't let her drive until she increased it. Turns out she also has IBS, which she didn't know yet, but did know that she couldn't tolerate the iron. She was able to tolerate this very well.

I had NO issues using the competitor - I had a bowel resection from an infection and I tend to have issues with anything that causes issues. It was from Europe, IIRC, and cost less than Floradix - it was at one of those vitamin stores that you see relatively frequently. Not GNC...maybe Vitamin World?

What I do not know is how well it raised my iron. But, any issues are likely my body dumping iron rather than it not working.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.