Seem to have found relief. 7-keto & Epi+

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
PeaceAngel

Seem to have found relief. 7-keto & Epi+

Post by PeaceAngel »

I have suffered from RLS for over 10 years now and in th least couple of years have been on Repreve, Biperiden and magnesium all to no avail. I started self medicating with small doses of oxycodone but didn't want to stay on the hard meds, its not ideal. Anyway I have a fantastic naturopath who i begged to see me early as i was going out of my mind not sleeping or being able to function and he sent me a RLS pack containing two supplements. No i haven't even had time to sit down and properly research these yet, so please excuse me for not being able to provide a whole lot of information but I do believe it basically comes down to my under active Thyroid being the main culprit, causing a string of other problems. Something along the lines of undermethylation and MTHFR gene mutation (both my self and my mother have been tested for this). I still need to do a whole lot of reading up on all this but here is a link to some basic info regarding this matter http://www.custommedicine.com.au/uncate ... thylation/
I have been taking these supplements for two weeks now and from the first night i Have had no RLS symptoms. I wait for the sensations to arise but so far, nothing. Im so hoping this is the thing that is going to work for me. I know that not one thing always works for everyone when it comes to supplements but it just might be worth have a look into this as being a possible cause. Its a bit mind boggling, but it works!
Moderator EDIT: The Neurogistics website says "EpiSupport contains L-methionine, an essential sulfur-containing amino acid that is used to form other amino acids such as cysteine and taurine as well as other important compounds such as S-adenosylmethionine, an important methyl donor. A methyl donor is required in the conversion of norepinephrine to epinephrine."

erika13

Re: Seem to have found relief. 7-keto & Epi+

Post by erika13 »

HI PeaceAngel,

There was a post about the MTHFR gene mutation and WED (RLS) on the Australian Restless leg forum a little while ago.

Here is a link:

http://forum.rls.org.au/viewtopic.php?f ... 121b3408ce

How soon did you notice the supplements working? And what dosage are you taking of the 7 Keto Dhea and the Epi+ a day? Morning or evening?

I'm so happy to hear it's working for you!

PeaceAngel

Post by PeaceAngel »

Erika I literally felt relief from the first night after dosing. I take two capsules of the Epi+ and one capsule of the 7-keto twice a day. Morning and night. Today I finally have some time to sit down and read up on all of this and how it relates to the RLS. It's such a shame that we can't find a more common denominator between everyone who suffers from it. I'm just hoping it continues to work. I'm so use to things working for five minutes and then it becoming ineffective again but I will keep my fingers crossed.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hopefully they'll soon learn more about primary vs secondary WED and how to treat each better. There could be many people who belong in the secondary category, but we haven't made any association to the primary disease that is causing the WED.

I hope it keeps working for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.