Zyzphus formula

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
badnights

Re: Zyzphus formula

Post by badnights »

I always find it frustrating to wait. "Deal with this first, then we'll deal with that" No, I want to deal with it all right now!

I hope this guy is good for you Kathy. There's such a huge range in abilities among naturopaths. I would run like blazes from any that focus on homeopathy, but acupuncture has potential. Staying off processed "foods" should be advice for everyone on Earth.

By the way, I've been doing chi kung (qi gong) and a bit of tai chi (just using the DVDs I already have - I haven't bought any new ones), and it really really helps. I do it before I go to bed. I especially like the visualizations of chi as you do the exercises - it's so empowering and calming.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Beth,
Glad your DVD is working and came in handy. I have a lot of Lee Holden's DVDs, even on one digestion which I particularly like.
Yes, there are the quacks out there and I've had them, including naturopaths. This guy actually has a good reputation, and is director of the doctoral program at one of the acupuncture schools. The professionals only give herbs no homeopathy, although I have an an intern recommend a certain aromatherapy.
Sometimes I think it is wise to do one thing at a time, particularly if some good is coming out of it. If there is no results, then to me it's obvious to move onto the next thing. However, I have started to implement some of the Wahls diet and have gotten some nice comments at work about how wonderful my skin looks and how much energy I have. If anything, I feel healthier so some good is coming out of it. All we can do is the next right thing and be open to healing which could come in any form. By healing I mean to manage the WED better as I know the condition is genetic and there is no "cure."

Kathy

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

[quote="peanut1"]Beth,
Glad your DVD is working and came in handy. I have a lot of Lee Holden's DVDs, even on one digestion which I particularly like.
Yes, there are the quacks out there and I've had them, including naturopaths. This guy actually has a good reputation, and is director of the doctoral program at one of the acupuncture schools. The professionals only give herbs no homeopathy, although I have an an intern recommend a certain aromatherapy.
Sometimes I think it is wise to do one thing at a time, particularly if some good is coming out of it. If there is no results, then to me it's obvious to move onto the next thing. However, I have started to implement some of the Wahls diet and have gotten some nice comments at work about how wonderful my skin looks and how much energy I have. If anything, I feel healthier so some good is coming out of it. All we can do is the next right thing and be open to healing which could come in any form. By healing I mean to manage the WED better as I know the condition is genetic and there is no "cure."

Kathy