Increasing brain gaba

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
peanut1

Increasing brain gaba

Post by peanut1 »

Has anyone tried to take the Lthanine, and taurine to help increase the gaba in the brain? I thought I would try it and am going to get these supplements today. I can always keep the receipt and take it back if it doesn't work.

Rustsmith

Re: Increasing brain gaba

Post by Rustsmith »

I used l-thanine for a while a few months back. It seemed to help a little bit for a few days and then the benefit seemed to go away, so maybe I had a deficiency that was fixed and then something else became the controlling chemical. Now that I have been off of it for a while and my doctor has changed my medications, maybe it is time to try it again.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

I'm got the wrong bottle that has an ingredient which activates my WED. However, I'm going to get some today even if it just calms me down some when I can't sleep.

Frunobulax

Post by Frunobulax »

peanut1 wrote:Has anyone tried to take the Lthanine, and taurine to help increase the gaba in the brain?

I experimented with taurine for a few months, I took 1gram or 2 grams in the evening. I didn't notice any effect.