Medical Marijuana

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS/WED, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
NatWest

Re: Medical Marijuana

Postby NatWest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi pambb, good luck with stocking up! I hope they'll be able to meet the demand, but sounds like we'll have to wait to find out. But it's definitely good that they're planning to expand. Keep us posted on how it goes! :)

Oozz

Postby Oozz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:04 am

Wow, this is an incredible thread. Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge.

I have been using edible MMJ for the past 3 nights w/a lot of success; however, when i wake up in the morning, i feel as though my sleep is not as restful. Is this what you are referring to as the hangover effect? I don't get headaches when waking up, i just feel fatigued.

I read that THC inhibits REM sleep, making your sleep less restorative. This could be the reason my sleep is not as good as it is naturally.

Rustsmith

Postby Rustsmith » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 am

Oozz, when I was using a bit too much MMJ, I would still feel just a bit groggy and unsteady first thing in the morning. When I cut back to my current level of 5mgTHC, I wake up feeling about like I did before my RLS became severe. The local dispensaries only sell the stronger strengths for medical purposes (they sell the lower strengths on the recreational side, but I have to pay extra taxes over there). So, I have been cutting up the gummies to get the dose that I need.
Steve

Augmentation Evaluation http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9005

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Oozz

Postby Oozz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:49 am

Got it. I'll have to dose down then.

Oozz

Postby Oozz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 am

Worked much better last night. 4 nights with 6-8 hours.

NatWest

Postby NatWest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:32 am

That’s great! Hope it continues for you. Please keep us posted. :)

Oozz

Postby Oozz » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 pm

I thought I would provide another update. It has been three weeks since I started using edibles for RLS/WED and my quality of life has improved dramatically. I cannot recommend it enough. I hope this keeps up for the long-term.

badnights

Postby badnights » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:12 am

oozz, what is the THC:CBD ratio or what brand or type are they? and do they actually stop the movements, or the urge to move?
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

Oozz

Postby Oozz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 pm

For me, it stops the urge to move. Its quite remarkable how effective it is. The caveat is that it is hard for me to fall sleep if the THC kicks in while I am awake. Therefore, I must fall sleep before it kicks in. Previously, this wasn't an issue, but is now because have had trouble fall asleep as of late.

Unfortunately, I don't have a medical marijuana card yet, so my thc:cbd ratio is unreliable. If i could guess, I would say 7-12mcg thc.

badnights

Postby badnights » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:20 am

I should try this again. Someday when I know how to access it, that is.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

Return to “Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, Diet”