Medical Marijuana

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS/WED, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
NatWest

Re: Medical Marijuana

Postby NatWest » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi Carol,

It's frustrating just to read what you're going through. Hopefully, things will improve. I know there are a number of states that claim to have medical marijuana, but the only thing they sell is Charlotte's Web. Which, actually, might work for rls ... but there are so many things that can be treated if people do a little research instead of trying to streamline it for business/manufacturing purposes, and end up selling a bunch of stuff that doesn't benefit anyone except the seller. We're fortunate here where I am (Oregon) because mm has been available since 1999, and, at least, we are free to try anything until we find what works. And, I was fortunate, because the first time I went to the dispensary after getting my state issued card, and told them what I had, there was a guy there who knew exactly what I needed because he had rls, too. And, what was really fortunate for me, he normally only worked at one of the growers' greenhouses, not at the dispensary. So, it was purely coincidental that he happened to be there.

I hope things will come together for you. But, even here, what I need isn't always available, so about 1/3 of the time I'm experimenting. Please keep us posted on how things are going! Peggy

pinkynose

Postby pinkynose » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Thank you Peggy. Just getting a response from someone who understands my frustration is a help. Not that I wish it on you or anyone else. Xo

ViewsAskew

Postby ViewsAskew » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 pm

pinkynose wrote:Thank you Peggy. Just getting a response from someone who understands my frustration is a help. Not that I wish it on you or anyone else. Xo

That is one of the best parts about this board, isn't it?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Return to “Non-prescription Medicines, Supplements, Diet”