Bringing Kratom on Flights

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
lhoff12085

Bringing Kratom on Flights

Post by lhoff12085 »

Has anyone taken Kratom on flights? I know it's legal in most states and shouldn't be a problem but I'm concerned that if TSA found it they may think it's marijuana.

jul2873

Re: Bringing Kratom on Flights

Post by jul2873 »

I fly all the time with it. I've walked right by drug-sniffing dogs and had custom officials go through my bags in one of the few countries where it is illegal (Ireland). I will say in Ireland I had it in another pill bottle. But I've never had any problem at all. I used to fly to Hawaii often and my worry then was that they would think it was a plant I was bringing in, which is illegal--any kind of plant. But I never had any trouble.

I did spread it around in different kinds of containers. Since I prefer the powered, rather than the capsules, I keep a supply of vitamin powder containers to keep it in. But sometimes I don't bother, and I have never had any problem. If you are just flying from one state to another, and it is legal in both states, there is no way they can hassle you, I would think.

lhoff12085

Re: Bringing Kratom on Flights

Post by lhoff12085 »

Thanks so much. Good idea on how to store it. Appreciate your response.