This group of supplements worked for me

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
burnscolepub

This group of supplements worked for me

Post by burnscolepub »

I had this condition, and it was driving me crazy from lack of sleep. I read a great deal of literature about it, and tried the following remedy at night before going to bed (all of these which are electrolytes, are the elemental amount): 400 mg calcium, 10 mg melatonin, 320 mg potassium, and 225 mg magnesium. This concoction gave me a little relief, but not much. Then I added 600 mg of St. John’s Wort (standardized extract), and for me, that took care of it completely. I still take the above every night and have absolutely no symptoms on most nights. About once a week I have mild symptoms at night, and Advil (plus the above) seems to suppress those. This is a miserable ailment, and I hope my concoction helps. Best wishes,
Paul Cohn

ViewsAskew

Re: This group of supplements worked for me

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad it's working for you, Paul.

For anyone interested in trying it - one thing I want to add to what Paul said. St John's Wort has some very specific interactions; do make sure that you check these out before trying it! Also, it shouldn't be used for a long time without taking a break. WebMDhas some solid info about it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Re: This group of supplements worked for me

Post by badnights »

Paul, can you describe your symptoms? There are so many variations on the theme - -
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.