Kratom Advise

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Stainless

Kratom Advise

Post by Stainless »

I just got some Red Vein Borneo to try as a supplement to ropinirole. I hope to lower the 1 mg. I am taking now or at least hold it steady. It would be nice if this was a replacement so we'll see how that goes.

I am planning on taking it in the early evening when my RLS kicks into high gear, because of circadian rhythms I assume.

I see most people take a teaspoon or two in orange juice. Has anyone tried it in baked goods like brownies? It would seem to be easier to choke down. Any other great recipes out there?

100 grams seems expensive assuming it lasts a month or two. Do regular users buy larger quantities and does it keep indefinitely? Are there cheaper sources and do suppliers quality vary a lot?

I appreciate any input on this new venture. Thanks

jul2873

Re: Kratom Advise

Post by jul2873 »

Hi Stainless,

Haven't tried it in baked goods. A tsp. is a little over 2 grams. If you have no tolerance to opioids built up, I'd start with just one gram (about 1/2 tsp.) You can always take more, but it's good to start out with a minimum dose, I think. Good luck.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

I choked down a heaping teaspoon in hot tea about 5 pm. It was like mud. It seemed to take the edge off until I took ropinirole an hour before bed but not a drastic difference. I'm going to pick up something to bake it in today. I'll take your advise Jul and try a lower dose.

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

How do doctors feel about kratom??

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

I don't know how doctors generally feel about kratom. I'm a retired doctor but when patients approached me about supplements that I didn't know much about, I generally said give it a try. I suspect that very few doctors have ever heard of it at all. Kratom is a special circumstance in it is not approved for use as a supplement and so risks maybe greater. I suspect that most doctors, when educated about it, would probably say don't use it as there is no quality control.
Blessings,
Holland

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

I baked a teaspoon in each big brownie and ate one each evening before my RLS kicked in. I could feel it like a mild buzz but not enough to take much of an edge off my RLS. I continued to take 1 mg. ropinerole which gives me about 22 hours of relief. I finished off half of the brownies, quit and don't feel any different after a week.

Has anyone had success with oil or some more concentrated Kratom?