Kratom- does it help with movements?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ethan

Kratom- does it help with movements?

Post by ethan »

I realize that the vast majority of folks here have RLS/WED....I suffer from periodic limb movement disorder- my primary issue is I have lots of involuntary leg movements. So on to my question. Do those of you using Kratom- do you find that it helps to decrease involuntary movements associated with your RLS?

Thanks!
Ethan

yawny

Re: Kratom- does it help with movements?

Post by yawny »

I'd like to know about this too! Thanks all...

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

Yes. For me it isn't as good as prescription opiates, but has fewer side effects. There is lots of information in the kratom works for me topic. Definitely better for me at controlling jumpy legs than marijuana or gabapentin. Also helps with sleep. Kratom stimulates the mu-opiate receptors, same as opiates, though it is not an opiate.
Blessings,
Holland

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I have no idea. I also have worse PLMS - and except for a few PLMW (periodic movements while waking), I am never aware of my movements - just that I am awake a lot at night. But, I do get RLS at night, too, so I am never sure why I am awake. or if I just need to pee.

The fun of PLMS and RLS - NOT!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ethan

Post by ethan »

ViewsAskew wrote:I have no idea. I also have worse PLMS - and except for a few PLMW (periodic movements while waking), I am never aware of my movements - just that I am awake a lot at night. But, I do get RLS at night, too, so I am never sure why I am awake. or if I just need to pee.

The fun of PLMS and RLS - NOT!

Ann,

I am expecting to receive the kratom in the mail any day now. I will share my experience with it on this thread.

Ethan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for sharing!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.