Kratom has been nothing short of miraculous

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ethan

Kratom has been nothing short of miraculous

Post by ethan »

All,

I wanted to share my experience with Kratom:
Background- I have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder...not RLS. I took Mirapex for about 7 years and over the last year it hasn't been as effective. Over the past few months I have tried multiple opiates (not very large doses to due my doc being conservative) and Horizant and regular Gabapentin...both of which made me too groggy and depressed. The opiates didn't do enough. I spent 5 weeks weaning from 3 mirapex pills (.125) down to 1 .125 pill about 5 weeks ago. Getting off that last mirapex pill was brutal...my movements were so bad my wife could not share a bed (even with some opiates).

A little over a week ago, I began kratom...I started with a gram and needed it a few times per night. This helped with the movements (my wife could share bed with me) but I had a hard time falling asleep.

I then slowly upped by dose to 6 grams just before bed and I typically wake up around 3-4 am and take just 1 more gram.

I feel the best I have ever felt in over a year. My wife says my movements are very minor, if she even notices them. I am taking no pharmaceuticals at all for sleep or movements. It feels miraculous. I have more energy than I have had in such a long time. My brain is working better.

I am using Red vein borneo strain.

I just wanted to share my experience and hope it helps someone else.

Ethan

Polar Bear

Re: Kratom has been nothing short of miraculous

Post by Polar Bear »

Wonderful that this is working so well for you, Well done.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

It hasn't been so miraculous for me, I still need other medicine, although I don't think I ever got up to 7 g per day. I take just 720 mg at bed and 360 mg about 2am. It has helped my life considerably. I also found side effects much worse with prescription narcotics than with kratom. At 7 g per day, sounds like your next order will be the 1 kilo size for $100 from socal herbal.
Blessings,
Holland

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

I am so glad it is working for you! I've been using kratom for the last three years to manage my RLS. Outside of some vitamins, it's the only thing I use.

I wonder if you would be willing to share your story with the American Kratom Association. Here is their Facebook address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KeepKra ... et&fref=nf Their goal is to keep kratom legal. The other good organisation to know about, because of their work in keeping kratom legal, is The Botanical Legal Defense society: https://www.botanicallegaldefense.org

Hope it keeps working. Let us know.

Mary

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Good to hear your story. I'm starting kratom tonight.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ethan, very glad it is working so well for you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

fantastic!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ethan

Post by ethan »

jul2873 wrote:I am so glad it is working for you! I've been using kratom for the last three years to manage my RLS. Outside of some vitamins, it's the only thing I use.

I wonder if you would be willing to share your story with the American Kratom Association. Here is their Facebook address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KeepKra ... et&fref=nf Their goal is to keep kratom legal. The other good organisation to know about, because of their work in keeping kratom legal, is The Botanical Legal Defense society: https://www.botanicallegaldefense.org

Hope it keeps working. Let us know.

Mary

Mary,

yes I will. I have been super busy but will get to this. Kratom continues to work for me- I am off all drugs for about a month now.