Essential Oils

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debbluebird

Re: Essential Oils

Post by debbluebird »

Again, I had mild RLS last night, which woke me up, but I was able to go back to sleep. Still took less Methadone. I guess I will stay on this track for now. Don't know if withdrawal is a component. I'm still using the oils too.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Thank you for posting so consistently about this. I am so pleased that the oils have had such a positive benefit. It is really interesting to read of as it unfolds. It does seem to be a fantastic outcome and long may it continue. In your shoes, I would be very tempted to continue reducing the methadone but bearing in mind the long half-life, it might be wise to go very gradually at that.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I've been through the weaning and withdrawal before. It was hell. A month of withdrawal. Last night I was wide awake until after 3 am. I'm sure that was part of it. Then after that, some RLS. Then was able to sleep til after 10 am.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

yeah, it isn't easy to stop, is it. We were stopping it at the same time last time...neither of us had much sleep for a few weeks.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I decided not to stop it. There's nothing else for me to take.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hear you - the ONLY reason I will stop it in the future, most likely, is that I want to prevent tolerance. For some it's not an issue, but is for me. Stopping it does help.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I've had several periods of no symptoms, which is good. Then periods of light symptoms, where I don't have to get up, just get on that side. It has cycled around though and back to severe. Each time it gets back to severe, the leg jerks get worse. They have become more and more painful. My poor thigh muscles get weaker. Even during periods of lesser symptoms the muscles in my thigh seem worse. The last couple of nights the pain has been so bad, I had to get up. Luckily it only lasts a second, but because my thigh isn't bouncing back, the pain is not going away totally. I stay up at least an hour. It hurts to raise my leg to get into the car, etc. The jerks seem to have weakened my thigh.
I can't imagine the pain getting worse than it is. I will be glad when it cycles back to no jerks, no symptoms. Hope it doesn't take too long.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I hope it gets better soon, Deb. It sounds awful.

That's interesting that it cycles. Have you noticed if the length of the cycle stays about the same, or is it totally random?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I haven't kept track of how long each kind lasts. Do you think it's worth doing ?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

What do you have to lose?

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I will keep track for awhile, but I don't know that the information will be helpful. What are you both thinking ? All I do know is that, if the pain was constant, it would be intolerable. It is very painful and getting worse each time.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

it might correlate to something. You are not menstruating, but it could be another drug, food, when you take trips up or down the mountain. Or maybe it literally is so many days between attacks. I have NO idea. And it may simply be random. But, until you look, you will not know. And looking might find something that helps you.

Managing Your RLS

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Thanks

badnights

Post by badnights »

yes, as Ann said. It might reveal something. Even if that's a slim chance, I would invest the energy just in case.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.