Restiffic

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
sleepnot

Restiffic

Post by sleepnot »

Does anyone know anything about Restiffic foot brace?

Polar Bear

Re: Restiffic

Post by Polar Bear »

My first thought is that it is aimed at the foot. If symptoms are in the calf, thigh, arms etc. can't see how it would work.

If I remember correctly, did the Foundation not decide that they wouldn't back this Restiffic Foot Brace/Wrap.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9765&p=87774&hilit=restiffic+foot#p87774
This is a thread where the Restiffic was discussed. If you use the search engine at the top right of the page you may find other information.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

As I remember, the Foundation was asked to endorse the Restiffic brace. When Restiffic was told that the Foundation does not endorse any product, the company's representative became upset and all further conversation ended.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Stainless

Post by Stainless »

It seems to me that these researchers found what may help a significant number of RLS sufferers, so they did not publish their research for a number of years, pursued FDA approval and then offered their product at an exorbitant price. They shared nothing I know of with organizations like rls.org. Seems just like the relaxes pad, they get FDA approval and attach a ridiculous price. The sad part is people continue to suffer while these doctors trade their Hippocratic oath for greed like the rest of big pharma.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Pricing of these devices (Relaxis and Restiffic) is probably set to help offset the cost of the research and paperwork required for the FDA approval, but that approach could backfire on them. The foot massage product being used in the clinical trial that I am currently participating in is available without prescription on Amazon. The manufacturer's decision to sponsor the research was at least partially based upon the FDA approval of the Relaxis pad. If the research finds the foot massager provides benefit, then you can be sure that their future marketing will also claim that it provides benefits for RLS. And no, I don't think they would be able to increase the price because there is a competing product that looks almost exactly the same.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.