N acetylcysteine and L Tyrosine

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
veldon75

N acetylcysteine and L Tyrosine

Post by veldon75 »

I haven't been on this site for a year, I'm still on Mirapex for 15 yrs, thankful it still works somewhat even though it causes augmentation, I desperately want off of it! I went to a Functional Med Dr. she did a lot of lab tests and found out I have extremely high levels of MTBE, a gasoline additive. It gets in water supplies, or you get it from inhaling or getting gasoline on your skin. She said it causes fatigue, Neurotransmitter problems, she gave me N Acetylcysteine and L Tyrosine, and Cordicep supplements maybe this is causing brain problems. So tired of RLS!! It's depressing and frustrating!! :cry: