Krantom newbie questions

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
click4it

Krantom newbie questions

Post by click4it »

I am currently taking hydrocodone for my RLS. I am preparing myself for the possible discontinue of this medication due to all the new laws. I have been researching alternatives and came across Krantom as possibly having similar helping properties as opiates.

What I would like to know is what kind of Krantom to buy. I see several kinds on different websites. Also is it effective to just use at night or is it an all day thing? What would the cost be per month if used once a day?

Thanks in advance !

stjohnh

Re: Krantom newbie questions

Post by stjohnh »

The kind of Kratom I use and most commonly mentioned on this board is red vein Borneo. However, there are people that use other strains and my personal experience trying a little bit of other strains is that they all work about the same for me. It is effective no matter what time a person takes it. Cost per month is mainly dependent on how much a person takes per day and where they purchase it.

SoCal Herbal Remedies, where I and several others get their Kratom, is among the cheaper vendors. Current pricing for red vein Borneo there is $25 for 250 g. They are currently out of stock of red vein Borneo, they should get more in fairly quickly. Most people that use kratom alone I think use between 5 and 10 grams per day. So monthly pricing would be 15-30$ per month. They call it red Borneo tea on their website.
https://www.socalherbalremedies.com/product/red-borneo/
Blessings,
Holland

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

I too find that the effect is similar what ever strain I use. I tend to use red vein borneo because that's what most people on here recommend.

twitchy

Post by twitchy »

I also have a newbie question. I've been taking red borneo kratom and it works great. I am about to go on a plane trip from Chicago to st. Lucia. Do you think I will have any problems with airport security or customs or drug sniffing dogs? I put my doses in capsules. Thanks for any advice!

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

The simple answer is that you could very possibly experience problems, especially if kratom is not legal on St. Lucia. The capsules will not stop a dog from picking it up, even if you have multiple layers of packaging. You are less likely to have your carry on bag sniffed than your checked bags, but customs in St Lucia is a different matter. Everything is subject to being checked in the baggage claim and customs areas.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

twitchy

Post by twitchy »

alright, thanks I guess I'll put it in my carry on. Sure hope I don't have to explain it!

stjohnh

Post by stjohnh »

That question was asked on the Reddit Kratom Forum. Apparently Kratom is legal in St Lucia. Since it is legal here, I think you can put it anywhere you want without any problem.
Blessings,
Holland

twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Oh thank you so much! I feel much better now ! :)