Wild lettuce?

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
click4it

Wild lettuce?

Post by click4it »

I just came across the mention of this on a facebook post. Has anyone tried this for RLS? if so, does it work and best place to buy?

yawny

Re: Wild lettuce?

Post by yawny »

Early on in my research I came across Wild Lettuce too and could only find this product that has it and several other things in it. My memory is that it did relax me, but wasn't strong enough to keep me asleep as my kicking overcame it.

https://www.amazon.com/WishGarden-Herbs ... us+relaxer

I also remember some talk about a combination of Japanese herbs that are supposed to be very helpful...anyone remember those?

click4it

Post by click4it »

Thanks. I am trying to figure out what is the best to try..whether it be the tea or the capsules...some cost as little as $5 and others up to $40....so im not what is legit or not....

badnights

Post by badnights »

yawny wrote:I also remember some talk about a combination of Japanese herbs that are supposed to be very helpful...anyone remember those?
Japanese or Chinese? Yi Gan San is the Chinese name, Yokukansan is the Japanese name. I think it's originally Chinese. It's a mixture of 7 different herbs. There's a discussion of it on this board at viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8837&p=86417&hilit=chinese#p86417
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

yawny

Re: Yi Gan San/Yokukansan

Post by yawny »

badnights wrote: Yi Gan San is the Chinese name, Yokukansan is the Japanese name...

Thanks Beth! Yes, that's what I was trying to remember. I re-read the thread and the information is compelling, especially the reduction of glutamates part. That's my current obsession as you know. I'm going to look further into these herbs. Do you think you'll ever try it again?

badnights

Post by badnights »

Do you think you'll ever try it again?
:D I almost decided to when I was writing my reply to you! I had to pull the bottle out to check the name. But I am currently experimenting with stopping trazadone (only started it a month ago, for sleep maintenance) to see if I still get a mid-afternoon crash and burn, and I don't want to mix up the results. I will take the YiGanSan in the mornings next time, I think; taking it in the evening may have been the cause of problems last time.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

legsbestill

Post by legsbestill »

Please keep posting about this. I love hearing about possible new sources of relief. I definitely prefer false dawns to hopeless nights! Every so often the dawn blossoms into a beautiful morning of RLS alleviation!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Now I am in trouble. I just purchased some of this Wild Lettuce on amazon lol. I will report on it when I get it. I got the extract amazon recommended as I know nothing about this and never heard about it until now.

click4it

Post by click4it »

Please let me know how it works!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Tried wild lettuce extract yesterday made me a little dizzy but don't know how it will work yet. Took it in afternoon just to see what to expect. Actually made the inside of mouth itch a bit but no other side effects. Was going to take it last night but no problems last night other than 5 1/2 hours sleep but we stayed outside late and was not fault of RLS. So next time I have a restless night I will try it.

The dose is 2 droppers full or 1.6 ml. They warned of bad taste but put in glass of water only about an inch deep and could barely taste it, although my sense of smell is not good so I imagine my taste isn't either.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

EeFall - watching with interest.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I started 2 1/2 mg of suboxone with going to bed dose last night. Took 1/4 mg rather than 1/2 and even that less had me reading until midnight. Took 1.6 ml of wild lettuce and got about 6 hours sleep which is ok. Hard to say if it was the wild lettuce that let me sleep but at midnight I took 2 droppers of extract and went back to bed and woke at 6:10 am which is sleeping in for me. :D

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I tried about 2.4 ml last night which is 3 stoppers full and while I slept it was a restless sleep, more so than usual. I tried the recommended 1.6 ml several times without much happening either. I tried it as was having trouble going to sleep, hard to say if it helped too bad I can’t go back in time machine and try over without taking it lol, but the point is that if it does work it is very subtle.

badnights

Post by badnights »

disappointing