Trying out Kratom

Here you can share your experiences with substances that are ingested, inhaled, or otherwise consumed for the purpose of relieving RLS, other than prescription medications. For example, herbal remedies, nutritional supplements, diet, kratom, and marijuana (for now) should be discussed here. Tell others of successes, failures, side effects, and any known research on these substances. [Posts on these subjects created prior to 2009 are in the Physical Treatments forum.]

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Eternityroad

Re: Trying out Kratom

Post by Eternityroad »

Thanks Pink and St. John. I appreciate the link on potentiators

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

I am happy to see kratom work for so many people. As one of you mentioned, the FDA is making threatening noises again about making kratom a schedule 1 drug. That would be a disaster for us. I know that pot is still a schedule 1 drug but here's the difference: pot is fairly easy to grow in this country, so a federal ban (which is what making it a schedule 1 is) doesn't stop individual states from making it legal. Kratom is made from the leaves of huge trees indigenous to Borneo, Malaysia, etc. There are discussions on Reddit from people who have tried to grow the trees here without much luck. You need a tropical climate and it takes years for the trees to produce "active" leaves. A schedule 1 designation would effectively stop the importation of it--in fact, the FDA has already confiscated a number of shipments.

So I am pleading with kratom users to become active in the effort to stop the FDA from scheduling it. Two organizations are very active: the Botanical Legal Defense Alliance and the American Kratom Association. I've donated a considerable amount of money to each, esp. now to the AKA. It's also important that you call your senators and representatives. I think it was getting a number of them on our side that prevented the DEA's attempt to schedule kratom last year.

pinkynose

Post by pinkynose »

I just got this from the American Kratom Association website:

“Ask Your Representative to Support the Pocan/LoBiondo Letter To Make Sure the DEA Reviews the Science on Kratom

Kratom Warriors:

The American Kratom Association (AKA) lobbying team has been working diligently on Capitol Hill and we are pleased to announce that Representative Mark Pocan (D-WI) and Representative Frank LoBiondo (R-NJ) have agreed with our request to lead in a bi-partisan letter asking the DEA to review all of the science on kratom before any scheduling decision is finalized.
YOU CAN VIEW THE LETTER HERE:
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9ba5da_3 ... 82f470.pdf

We are very appreciative to all the kratom groups who are supporting and promoting this letter.

We know the science is on our side.

Kratom does not kill people. Kratom is not an opioid. Kratom does not have the same effects as an opioid, and kratom is not an analogue of an opioid.

But the FDA wants to regulate kratom as a drug and they are using inaccurate data on alleged deaths to claim kratom is dangerous. That is not true, and the FDA’s own adverse event database proves it.

But the FDA is not letting the truth get in their way on demonizing kratom, and they are committed to dramatically expanding their regulatory control over a natural and safe botanical that has been used responsibly by consumers for decades in the United States, and for centuries in Southeast Asia.

Please call your Congressional representative immediately and ask them to support the Pocan/LoBiondo letter.

You can reach any Member of Congress by calling into the main switchboard for the U.S. Capitol, 202-224-3121. Then just ask to speak to the Member of Congress that represents you.

You can also go to the following link to find your Representative: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members

When a member of the staff or your representative answers the phone, please be respectful and courteous.

"I am calling to ask Congressman/Congresswoman [insert the name of your Representative] to support the freedom of consumers to use kratom as a part of their health and well-being regimen.

Congressman/Congresswoman [insert the name of your Representative] can support kratom by signing onto the letter from Congressman Mark Pocan and Congressman Frank LiBiondo to the DEA telling them to use all available science in in reviewing the FDA proposal to ban kratom and criminalize any consumer who uses it.

The letter needs to be sent by next week, so Congressman/Congresswoman [insert the name of your Representative] will have to act fast to join as a co-signer to that letter to the DEA."

You can add a brief personal statement on why you support keeping kratom legal.

Remember, please be respectful in talking with the staffer or Representative.

Also, this letter can only be signed by a Member of Congress (not the Senate), so emphasize how important it is for your Representative to sign his/her name to represent you on that letter.

We need to send a loud message to Congress to stop the FDA from this broad expansion of power. Natural products, botanicals, and dietary supplements should be regulated only when necessary, and only then under the limited authority granted by the Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA).

Please, your help is needed.”
Call today!

Eternityroad

Post by Eternityroad »

Thank-you!

pinkynose

Happy New Year!

Post by pinkynose »

This may not be the right spot for this, but hopefully it will be viewed. I wish all of you a happy and healthy new year! Click on the link and hopefully it will work. You may want to turn the volume down a tad.xoxo Carol
https://youtu.be/J_ZwyL9Rh_0

Eternityroad

Post by Eternityroad »

There is seldom a bad spot for well-wishes. Thanks and the same to you!

badnights

Post by badnights »

Thank you, pinkynose. Same to you and to all our members - hope 2018 sees an end to your WED/RLS and the beginning of a brand new life filled with hope!
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.